THE GROWING FORWARD SOUL SCHOOL COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
(aka our basic expectations for how to be in this place)
Welcome to The Growing Forward Soul School! We are so happy that you decided to join us in this sacred space.
The phrase ‘sacred space’ might sound a bit formal and serious, like you need to mind your manners and take off your hat before you come in. Let me assure you that we are not that formal around here. But, we do think it is important to pause and recognize that this place is special and one we hope you will cherish. As such, it does require us to get centred in order to show up as our highest selves. Maintaining a loving atmosphere filled with compassion, empathy and respect is the secret sauce that is fundamentally important for all of us to grow and heal in ways that serve us and others.
Here are our basic expectations for everyone here:
In order to be a member of the Growing Forward Souls School, you need to be at least 18 years old, the legal age of consent.
By becoming a member of the Growing Forward Soul School you agree to:
- Listen without judging.
- Never ever ever criticize the quality of anyone’s writing.
- Be open and curious in response to all the feels you might experience in response to hearing another’s truth. Should you encounter anything that might push your buttons, there are only 2 questions you need to ask: “What is it about this that creates discomfort within me?” or “Can you tell me more?”
- Acknowledge when something of substance has been shared. It’s hard enough to open up. It is even harder when we share and receive no acknowledgment in return. Recognizing that someone has offered the gift of their truth goes a long way to facilitate their healing and growth. You are encouraged to offer a thank you, or to just let the person know that you hear them. Nothing elaborate is required.
- If you decide to comment, take the time you need to offer your most compassionate response. It’s usually the wisest.
- Refrain from any form of solicitation. This is not the place to look for a romantic partner. This is not the place to sell anything for your own personal gain. There are plenty of other places to do that online – this is not one of them. If you would like to share your teachings or practices with members of this community, the proper process would be to contact Dr. Stacy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
- Adhere to all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
- Not engage in any activities or post content on this platform that are illegal, harmful or fraudulent. This includes but is not limited to activities that violate the righs of others, that encourages or incites violence, or that might be harmful to others or our operations or reputation, including desseminating, promoting or facilitating any form of pornography, offering or disseminating farudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramind schemes, phishing or pharming.
- Not impersonate another person.
- Not engage in predatory behaviour like stalking, invading privacy, or revealing another person’s personal information.
By joining the Growing Forward Soul School you also understand that:
- Whatever happens in the Growing Forward Soul School stays here. No outside sharing.
This means that it is prohibited to:
a)Write about and publish articles that comment on the activity within the Growing Forward Soul School and makes content from this closed community public.
b) Quote from a conversation within the Growing Forward Soul School, screen capture any content (files, threads, comments) from the Growing Forward Soul School and share or publicize in any way, or in any other way compromise the confidentiality of the members of this group.
Content that does not fit within these guidelines will be deleted and those who violate these guidelines may be asked to leave
2. The Growing Forward Soul School does not conduct criminal background or identity verification checks on its users. Use your best judgement when interacting with others.
3. While The Growing Forward Soul School encourages a respectful atmosphere for all, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user within or outside of the Growing Forward Soul School. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate with members outside of The Growing Forward Soul School or meet in person.
4. Nothing that happens within the Growing Forward Soul School is considered a form of psychotherapy or formal mental health treatment. Psychotherapy occurs in the context of a 1-on-1 therapeutic relationship following an in-depth assessment of your current functioning, personal history and wellness goals. This is not that.
5. Any interaction with Dr. Stacy or other members who happen to be mental health professionals does not constitute a therapeutic relationship.
6. Nothing shared here can be considered medical or health advice and is provided as information only for you to make use of as you see fit
7. In the event that you are in crisis, you are encouraged to seek the assistance of a health professional qualified to assess, treat and follow up with you to ensure continuation of care. If you are unable to access a family doctor, you are advised to take yourself to the nearest emergency room or contact a crisis line for immediate help. Check our resources page for a list of crisis lines you can contact should you ever need this additional support.
8. All of the information and resources shared within the Growing Forward Soul School are for your use only. These tools will be made available to download once for your personal use. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the School’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or ‘mirror’ the materials on any other server.
9. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Growing Forward Soul School at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
11. Violation of The Community Guidelines and these Terms and Conditions will result in you being asked to leave The Growing Forward Soul School. Should this happen, any fees paid will not be refunded.
12. The Community Guidelines and these Terms and Conditions might change at any time by posting a revised version at <<<>>>, By using or accessing the Growing Forward Soul School, you agree to the latest version of these policies.
TERMS OF SERVICE
The materials on the School’s website are provided ‘as is’. The School makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the School does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the School be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the School’s website, even if the School or an authorized of the School has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
3. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the School’s website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The School does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The School may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The School does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The School has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the School of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
6. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the School’s website shall be governed by the laws of the School Owner’s home jurisdiction without regard to its conflict of law provisions.